Monday, October 5, 2009

Boycott of McDonald's corporation

Submitted via McDonald's website:
I am writing to let McDonald's know that I pledge not to ever purchase or consume anything made by your company. If McDonald's corporation seeks to reverse my pledge it must actively halt its support of big corporate beef and chicken producers that treat animals horribly. To gain my patronage and that of my entire network, which I am actively advising a permanent boycott of McDonald's, McDonald's must stop abetting the rapid fattening of cows on corn in lots where they stand ankle deep in their own fecal waste and do not have green grass to eat. McDonald's must demand that the chickens used in its restaurants be treated humanely instead of being fattened rapidly in houses that lack windows and in which the birds cannot walk but must sit and lie in their own fecal waste and often die horribly. Your statement that: "Customers can trust McDonald's to provide them with food that is real and made with high quality ingredients. Our high quality food choices are made with fresh ingredients from the most trusted suppliers." is an outright lie, and I for one am disgusted at McDonald's irresponsible practices and will spread the word to my network about who McDonald's buys meat from and ask my network to spread the word to their network until McDonald's makes a necessary and major change in support of humane animal treatment and sustainable farming practices that include crop diversity, organic standards, and fair and legal treatment of workers. StumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment