Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Does Trader Joe's Source Any of Its Animal Products from CAFOs?

Hello,
I am writing to inquire about the source of Trader Joe's animal products. In particular I would like to know if TJs gets any animal products, specifically meats and milk products, from Confined Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs).
I am alarmed at the treatment of animals in these facilities as well as the significant food safety dangers they pose. If TJs does procure some of its supply from CAFOs, I would like to strongly urge TJs to immediately replace its contracts with farmers who use humane animal rearing and slaughtering procedures, allow animals to eat green grass and breathe fresh air, see the sun, move about naturally, and receive adequate treatment if ill or injured.
Thank you for your attention to this serious matter. I will gladly continue to patronize TJs and encourage my social network to do so if TJs has or makes a commitment to sustainable and humane animal product sourcing.
Sincerely,
Jadene Fourman StumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment